Few questions about the new macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Rlkv011, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Rlkv011 macrumors regular

Hi,

This week I am either going to pick a new 2.4 MBP or a 2.4 MB. My question is would the 9400 in the MB be able to handle light photo shop work? Is the screen quality on the Macbook the same as the MBP? I am coming from the old penryn 2.4 ghz MBP which I sold prior to the refreshes. Would I get similar performance from the new Macbook?

A little about myself. I am going to be doing primarily accounting work on quickbooks pro, a lot of web browsing, minor photoshop work, spreadsheets and word documents. Occasionally I'll play a game in bootcamp or fusion. The extra screen real estate is nice but I don't think its worth the big premium.

Thanks in advance

2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

1.) The old one can, this one can as well
    2.) No, it is not, the MBP is better
    3.) Yes, you would

3. Rlkv011 thread starter macrumors regular

What is the difference with the screen quality?

4. altair7 macrumors member

The colors on the MBP screen are noticeably better. The MB screen is a bit washed out color wise. Calibration helps this some but it will not make them equal. Also there is a vertical viewing angle problem on the MB though this is less of an issue than the first part. Also the glossy is even more glossy than the previous model if that is an issue.

That said, the screen isn't necessarily bad, it's just not as good as the MBP screens.