Few questions before jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gaanee, Dec 27, 2011.

1. gaanee macrumors 6502a

This is the first time I'll be jailbreaking an iPhone, so want to get some questions clarified:
    1. Do I need to backup all the contacts, notes and photos on the iPhone before jailbreaking

2. Will I be able to sync music from iTunes on a jailbroken iPhone

3. Will already installed apps continue to run and can I install apps from iTunes (which may not be available on Cydia, Also is there a good way to browse Cydia appstore to see what apps are available?)

4. I'm going to follow the steps on iclarified, do I need to backup anything else for future restore, I read somewhere about saving SHSH blobs and saving the baseband.

2. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

1.Not Sure
    2.Yes, any kind of music in iTunes will sync with a jailbroken device
    3.Apple App Store will continue to work, you can use apps from iTunes AND Cydia.
    4.SHSH is rather pointless now, I didn't bother to save the blobs, as for baseband , not sure about that.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

4. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to browse apps available on Cydia store before jailbreaking? My purpose for jailbreaking is to install iWorks app and navigation app from Navigon or Tomtom which saves maps on the phone. I would like to know if its available on Cydia (free or cheap compared to iTunes)

5. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

No cydia apps and tweaks can not be browsed when not jailbroken.

Navigation apps and other apps can be had for free but piracy can not be discussed here.

6. gaanee, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about contacts, songs, videos, photos and notes currently on the phone. Are those erased during jailbreaking or it remains there?

Bump....