Few Questions - Macbook and Mac OS X related...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by egk69, Jun 5, 2009.

1. egk69 macrumors 6502

Hi im new to this whole Mac thing, so i have a lot of questions, im going to write a few in here...

Macbook Q's
    1- Does the battery really last 5 Hours!?
    ---mine doesnt seems to last that much, i havent tested but looking at the battery icon and the time it displays it doesnt seems like it is going to last 5hours ...

2- On the Battery icon the reading of time left varies a lot, sometimes it sais 3:30 then 1 minute after it sais 2:10, then it goes up again, is this normal!?

BTW:If it matters I Own a Macbook 2.4 - 4GB RAM - 320 HDD 7200rpm

Mac OS X Q's
    3- On the Dock there are a few folders like "documents" and "Downloads" that when you click if you select view as "GRID" , is there any way to make the icons smaller in the grid view???

4- Is there a way to put a separator on the DOCK!?
    The DOCK haves 1 separator, but i want to know if i can put another one, and how!?

5- Any good Tutorial, Tips, web page you know about Mac OS X!?

Most of those questions are maybe stupid, but understand that this is my 1st MAC ever. I know i have more questions, but cant remember what else to ask right now hehehehe...

THANKS
    Carlos

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Two I can immediately help you with...

In terms of battery time, it will vary enormously depending on what you're doing. If you're just typing up a document with no other apps open, for example, the battery will last longer than if you're using intensive apps, like a game say. Stuff like AirPort and Bluetooth will drain it quicker, too. Obviously, like any other retailer Apple advertises the best case scenario.

In terms of Dock separators, you can cheat. Some enterprising folk have created blank icons (or icons of little lines) that you can place in your Dock and essentially use as separators. Have a Google and see if there are any styles that take your fancy, here's a link to start you off with.

As for your Stacks/Grid question, as far as I'm aware there's no way to change the icon size. Someone else might know differently, though.

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

4. egk69 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys, more opinions will be apreciated

Another Question!!
    -How do i take a screen shot!??

on windows theres a button on the keyboard that does it , how about on MAC OS X?!?

5. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

command+shift+3