Few questions on buying iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seong, Mar 3, 2011.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Long story short: I'm one of those people who wait for first gen adopters to figure the problem out, and hope Apple fixed it by the time they roll out the second generation. I've been waiting, and it's almost over.

I currently have Macbook Pro 13" 2009 and iPod Touch 4g. I would say Macbook Pro is very useful in terms of typing, movie editing, and all those good stuff, but it is just heavy and too bulky to carry around. Plus, since I don't have a desktop, so I use this as a desktop.
    iPod Touch is just too small to take any notes on. Sure, I love to listen to music and watch movies on the go, but it's just not ideal for school work.
    Now that the iPad 2 is out and I'm almost certain that I'll be getting it, I have few questions for 1st gen owners and other people on the forum.

1. How long will the iPad last if it's paired up with a bluetooth keyboard? Since I'll be typing a lot, I would like to see how long I can last with full charge.

2. For iPad 1 users, do you use your iPad more than your laptop or desktop?

3. Is the iPad 1 easy to carry around? I mean, I never had any tablets before, so I don't know if it's convenient or not.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

1. Having bluetooth on does tend to drain battery faster. I haven't measured exactly, but I do know that when I have the bluetooth on, I get nervous about remaining battery levels by the end of a day. That said, if you are careful about turning bluetooth off when not in use, and charge the battery fully every night, you shouldn't have much trouble getting the iPad to last a day.

2. I'd say I still use my desktop slightly more than my iPad, but my laptop is pretty much gathering dust. But this really varies widely from person to person, depending on what exactly they do with their computers, and where.

3. The iPad is extremely easy to carry. I got a sleeve case for it, and I often just walk out of my house with the iPad in the sleeve case without any other bags. Since you are getting the iPad 2 which is thinner and lighter, I imagine it would be even more easy to carry.