Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyle2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2005
i just got my ipod and have a few troubles... first, how do i get my video files onto the ipod? they can go into the video section on itunes but they wont transfer to my ipod....also, my ipod wont say "ok to disconnect" after i load some things on it....i just press the eject button but i dont think youre supposed to do that...also, how do u put the album artwork on?..any help is greatly appreciated

davidcb13

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2005
The problem is your video either isnt in the right format for the ipod or there is some type of protection on it. (your not trying to use the music videos from aol are you)
Its fine to press the eject button in iTunes to disconnect the ipod.

To put album art on the iPod just go to get info and paste the picture when it says album art or just drag the album art into the album art box in the lower left of iTunes

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
davidcb13 said:
The problem is your video either isnt in the right format for the ipod or there is some type of protection on it. (your not trying to use the music videos from aol are you)
Its fine to press the eject button in iTunes to disconnect the ipod.

To put album art on the iPod just go to get info and paste the picture when it says album art or just drag the album art into the album art box in the lower left of iTunes

no it's not fine, if you have it drive enabled. eject it from the Finder or My Computer first.

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
corywoolf said:
no it's not fine, if you have it drive enabled. eject it from the Finder or My Computer first.
Actually, it IS fine, whether you eject it from iTunes, Finder, or My Computer doesn't make a single difference.

Alasta

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
Furthermore, you will probably find that you'll have to eject your iPod manually whenever you've finished using it if you have it 'enabled for disk use'. Otherwise, it should eject automatically each time iTunes has finished syncronising your music.

This setting can be changed in 'preferences', under 'ipod'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.