few questions on snow leopard safari, mail, passwords

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bender o, Jul 22, 2010.

1. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Hi, I've been using my new MBP for a couple of weeks now and I've been having some questions and have solved them almost all with the forum or google but I can't seem to find answers to this ones and I hoped you could help me :)

1) Is there a way to make safari start a new tab when opening a link on the next tab you're watching instead of the last one?

2) When I read mails on my iPhone they don't "always" appear as read on the Mail app, is there a way to fix this? (Using Yahoo and Hotmail accounts)

3) And finally, is there a way to set a password just for when someone tries to log in remotely to my mac? I found that you could set one for start up or after going to sleep or screensaver but I don't want the password when someone enters physically to the mac but over the internet, can that be done?

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

1)I assume you mean similar to how Google Chrome opens tabs? This is just a difference between the browsers, I don't believe it can be changed.

2) This question really deserves its own post due to the number of variables in your setup. Do they eventually get marked as read in Mail.app or never? How often is Mail.app set to check for new mail? If it is something like 15 minutes, it may take some time before things get synchronized between the two clients.

3)You will always need either the login credentials of a user on the machine or a VNC password (which you would need to configure) to access a Mac remotely. You can modify these access setting in System Preferences -> Sharing.

3. bender o thread starter macrumors 6502

bender o

I checked and it says disabled on every option so I shouldn´t worry of someone going through my files on public networks right :)

Thanks for everything