Few questions on Ultimate MBA13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ninjaboi21, Mar 26, 2011.

1. ninjaboi21 macrumors member

Hey there Rusers,

if you don't mind, I have a few questions I would love to get answered. I'm really considering, and probably getting it, as I could 'return' it whenever I want. But I want to be directly, and just ask my questions:

How well does the Ultimate (that'll be 4GB of RAM, 256SSD and 2.13GHz processor) MBA13" do with following:

• Photoshop CS5
    • Dreamweaver CS5
    • After Effects CS5
    • Minecraft
    • Starcraft II
    • Modern Warfare 2
    • Black Ops

How much does it take to make the fans speed up? What's the maximum fan speed ~6200RPM? Does the palmrests gets hot at all, even under load?
    How well does the SSD do vs. the market like OCZ Vertex?

Thank you very much in advance :)

2. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

ill answer a few
    -photoshop runs fantastic
    -minecraft runs fantastic
    -i can actually run starcraft 2 on high settings

keep in mind i have coolbook running during all these tests which helps greatly with temperatures and performance...

palm rests do not get hot
    ssd is completely unbelievable in my macbook air..world of difference

3. ninjaboi21 thread starter macrumors member

Sounds awesome, really. I'll be using Photoshop occasionally for fun and some minor work (cropping, changing color, blur etc.) - playing some games once in a while, so SCII on medium is just fine.

You say the palm rests do not get hot, like in it's cold even hours after use or you don't pay attention to it? I can say that my friend's MBP13" runs annoying hot.

4. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

well i dont notice it..so im assuming its not hot at all or i would most likely notice the temperature

5. KohPhiPhi macrumors 6502a

Typing these lines from a Macbook Air 13" Ultimate... it runs everything I throw at it beautifully. Don't let the C2D processor deceive you: this is a powerful laptop indeed.

6. Scuba-EMT, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011

Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

I use my MBA 13" Ultimate daily, it is loaded with Office 11 and Parallels Desktop for Mac with Windows Vista Business which I use to run MS Project and Visio Professional. I normally have Word, Excel and Parallels Desktop for Mac all running, cutting and pasting between apps, usually with ITunes going in the background as well. I have never had it get hot, and the speed is simply amazing. I say this as I run an iMac I7 loaded with the same apps at home, and most of the time the files open faster on the MBA. I do not think you will be disappointed with the MBA at all.

Cheers

7. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

What are your cookbook settings?
    I'm thinking of trying it myself