Few questions with the update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mrskullfreak, Sep 14, 2015.

1. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

I tried the AW when it came out and I didn't really have use for it
    With the update is it any better?
    Also is the used resale price now higher because of the update
    Thx

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

The update will be here on Wednesday. There are a few folks with developer licenses and access to the betas; however widespread feedback will not be here until this week. Since the update will be available equally for everyone, it probably will not affect used resale value materially.

What specific things are you interested in that might make the watch more appealing to you?

3. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

The update to 2.0 improves many little things but ultimately if you didnt love it before you won't now, it doesn't change THAT much.

4. Enygmatic macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

Arguably the biggest performance gains won't be noticed for awhile, after devs have submitted updates to their apps - and new ones start to populate the App Store. The few cosmetic changes are cool, but haven't "recreated" the Watch. This GM has improved the smoothness overall, though.

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

The main changes will be Wednesday on as developers were only given the ability to submit updated applications this weekend. As the updates comes out more will be done with the watch but like already said, it will mostly be the same as before but a little better in some ways. I'm happy where it is now.

6. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

A software update the is free and the majority will update to is never going to increase resale value.

7. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Resale price continues to drop. I recently saw an eBay auction for a gold plates 38 SS model for $550. Some sports models are as low as $250 on Craigslist.

Two things are happening. First, some people get them as gifts and they don't want them or they simply get tired of them. The second is that people who love them are selling so they can get a different color or version, especially now that gold sports are out.

The resale market is also limited as only a small percent of iPhone users want one at all. Those who really wanted it already bought it or will buy from Apple. It leaves few buyers in the resale market relative to how many people are looking for used iPhones and MacBooks.

So if you had to make a bet, I'd say a safe one is that the value will continue going down. Don't be surprised to see sub-$200 sports models and sub-$350 SS by New Years.