Few shots from this weekend

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HE15MAN, Apr 26, 2010.

1. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

C&C please. All have had zero editing minus cropping.

T2i with 55/250 lens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

3. Angra-mainju macrumors regular

4. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

I wish there was cool insects and birds to shoot around where I live! Really like that first shot of the butterfly

5. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Very nice shots! Some stuff you can try to take into account next time, if you have time; I know how fickle wildlife can be...

The pink stuff on the bottom right is a bit distracting, taking focus away from the bird. You could have put it out of frame, or if it's something interesting take it in more and balance it with the bird.
    The blown sky on the last one is the same, it's the brightest part of the picture and draws focus.

6. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. I am just starting to get a feel for things, hopefully more like this are on the way

7. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Love the hummingbird captures--they're tough little suckers to get photos of. And it looks like the lens does a pretty good job of making sharp pics. Keep it up and post some to the POTD thread...maybe even this weeks contest. :)

8. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Wow, I dont think I have ever seen a hummingbird sitting still before. The ones around my home seem to never stop.

Did you know that if a 747 were able to stop as fast as a hummingbird's wings do it would rip the wings off the plane? Amazing the stresses these little birds can withstand.

9. Gold89 macrumors 6502

The 55-250 is a great value lens but even more important is the 'tog and those are great shots :)

10. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

Absolutely stunning pics! Isn't it amazing what you can do with these new cameras? I'm amazed more and more every year at the advances in quality.

11. tekmoe macrumors 68000