Few small questions about dynamic data and submition meta data

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by DennisBlah, Jun 15, 2014.

1. DennisBlah macrumors 6502

DennisBlah

Hi all,

Im about to put submit my app to the appstore but I got a few questions about the meta data and I would like to hear what you think about dynamic data.

First of all, my app will be dynamic and will use modules like gallery calendar etc. but also html pages which been generated and reviewed by myself before these are visible in the app.

The metadata questions if the app gives the user ability to browse the web. I disable all possible links inside the html pages. And only the app itself controlls the webview. So actually the user is not able to navigate for themself.

What to say on the metadata, yes or no?

About the dynamic data:
    I generate xml files on the server. Using nsurlsession i read out this file and let the app process it into events lists and navigation buttons and everything else.

Is this a correct way to work with dynamic data? As in.. Speed and performance. I get the feeling that it can be much faster to do this.

I am working on a part that it will only process the data once and store it all into a local plist. Once the data is newer which I will check with an date in the files, it will renew the data, but that will be an update later.

2. JohnsonK macrumors regular

3. DennisBlah thread starter macrumors 6502

DennisBlah

Not exactly
    The app contains a few viewcontrollers
    Each module like a gallery calendar and such are hardcoded and use nsurlsession to load an xml file from the server
    Only the first view uses uiwebview for the button actions that are linked to a 'page' instead of a module