Few tweak questions for Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vivithemage, Jul 12, 2008.

1. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

Is there anyway to take the contacts from my SIM card and put them on my Iphone, or when I add a new contact it saves them to the sim card?

Is there a way to use the WIFI as a VOIP type of thing, like my blackberry used to do...It helped when I was in a no cell basement, I could just call out with , using the WIFI using my blackberry.

How can I delete icons on my front page type place (where settings, itunes, etc) is? I made one on accident.

Is there a way to close applications? Like if youtube is still running, or safari, etc? Or does it not effect battery life that much?

Does apple repair broken LCDs? It was not the touchscreen portion, its just hte outer LCD that is cracked..or is that not a part of warranty? how about battery--is that covered?

Is it possible to set bookmarks on the iphone from, say firefox? I have a huge bookmarks list that id like to carry over, or sync up with!

I am using a jailbroken 1.1.4 or whatever, because 2.0 is not breakable yet!

2. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

To delete icons on your home page simply hold down on the home button until all the icons "wiggle" once that happens a x will appear next to the editable icons just press that.

Apple repair broken screens for a fee of 249 dollars.

The program automatically close when you leave it nothing runs in the background of the phone.

The only program for voip at the time is truphone which is located in the app store.

And no there is no way to save contacts on your sim card.

Also there is like no reason for a jailbroken phone anymore since apple allows you to download programs, But for a voip service thru installer you would look for fring. To get fring go here http://www.fring.com/download/iphone/

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Here:

4. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

thanks nick!

I do not think that app is what I am talking about...it looks like I have to use the APP itself to call out...I was thinking something where it would just automatically use the WIFI, for SMS/calls in and out...unless I misread somewhere, but I do not think it does that.

I know 2.0 has been jailbroken, they just have not released the app yet.

Is there an autosync appfor my bookmarks? IF i brought them over to safari, or IE?

5. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

On the broken screen replacement:

Because the glass separates on the new iPhone (as opposed to the old one where it was glued to the LCD) I would be almost certain that 3rd party replacements will come along and be ~$100 or less.

6. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

hmmmm, somewhat spendy, wonder if I could try to coax apple into giving me a new iphone ^_^ , its still under warranty and all...anyone ever try that?

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

You should be able to import your bookmarks from your computer. Next time you sync look at the general tab under iPhone in iTunes. It should give the option to sync your bookmarks.

8. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

This doesn't sync Firefox. Only Safari (mac) or IE (windows).