few weird noise from mid 2014 macbook pro retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xxghost23xx, Nov 7, 2014.

1. xxghost23xx macrumors newbie

I have a few weird noises coming from my macbook, i don't know if i just care too much or if they are rare issues. First is near the top portion, where the screen tilts, more to the charging port side, i constantly hear a coil whine type of noise, not to loud, only hearable in a really quite setting or if i put my ear up to it. 2nd is a weird rumble on the underside of the macbook, dead centre, i put my ear up to it, and its a constant thumping/rumble, no change in tone or rhythm. As well these issues persist once the computer is sleeping for a little while aswell. Last is when i plug in the computer to charge, i can hear the electricity flow, without having to put my ear up to it. Its more of a squeal hear and there. Id just like some input to put my mind at ease. thanks

2. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

I have a 2010 mbp and I also get the same noise at the charging port. I thought it was defective! Called apple and they said to send it back to them, I did and the replacement did the same thing so I have up! 4 years had passed and still works fine! The rumble could be from the fans, not sure since I don't get they noise but maybe I don't hear it that well cause of the spinning hdd?!?

3. xxghost23xx thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess ill call apple, and pointed the rumble to the fan as well. thanks