Fewer laptop cases for Mac 13inch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JonathanG, Jul 27, 2007.

1. JonathanG macrumors newbie

Anyone had some trouble finding a good variety of laptop bags for 13 inch macs? I ordered a crumpler, but it only comes in 12 and 15. Is it bad for the 13inch to travel in the 15 inch case? or is it worse to stick into the 12 inch, though I doubt it would fit.

any insight would be much appreciated. I have scoured the internet looking for good options for the laptop case I need, and crumpler seemed to be the best fit. I would hate to do any damage to the mac because its traveling in a case that doesn't fit well.

2. munckee macrumors 65816

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Which crumpler bag were you looking at? I have the considerable embarassment, and my MB fits perfectly. It also SAYS it will fit MBP, but theres no way in hell you could get an MBP in there.

4. JonathanG thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered the 15 inch skinny and I think my poor 13 inch will drown in it. The next set of skinny is a 12 inch. Can I make it work? I want a small bag that will double as a messenger bag for the days on the road when I leave the mac in a hotel.

5. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

I noticed this too. I finally got annoyed and sent timbuk2 an email requesting they stop making bags for computers that haven't been made in two years and start making them for computers you can buy now. They saw it fit, though, to change their bag for the 15" macbook pro:rolleyes: I was pretty annoyed that i had to get a much larger bag when I bought a smaller laptop for a reason.

FIX IT BAG MANUFACTURERS. NO ONE IS BUYING 12" POWERBOOKS ANYMORE.

6. JonathanG thread starter macrumors newbie

so what is the solution? put the 13 inch in a 15 case or try and squeeze it into the 12 inch case?

7. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

yeah, you either put it in a bag that's way too big, or you buy a bag it might not fit in.

8. danny_w macrumors 601

I found the Incase Nylon Sleeve for 13-inch MacBook to be perfect for my needs. Quite small and slim, with a pouch for the power adapter.

9. JonathanG thread starter macrumors newbie

But the sleeve doesnt have a strap to carry other items, does it?

10. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

11. danny_w macrumors 601

I don't get what you mean. It has an optional carry strap, yes. This is not the Neoprene sleeve that is just a sleeve. Here's a link, but it is also available at the Apple store and at CompUSA:

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/15-nylon-sleeve-cl57046

12. DocVT macrumors member

13. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

14. danny_w macrumors 601

15. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Love this bag, hate the hideous brown/orange color scheme.

16. falsecathedrals macrumors member

I would check ebags.com, they tell you the dimensions of most of the sleeves inside the laptop bag and what computer they will hold.

I just bought a patagonia half-mass bag and I really like it. It wasn't supposed to fit my mbp, but I can squeeze it in there just fine.

17. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

I have the STM Small Alley bag and love it. Plenty of room for the stuff I need to go along with me (chargers, mouse, couple pens and a notebook). I don't haul much with me so it works out well. Probably wouldn't be good if you needed to keep some textbooks with you though. Color is unobtrusive as well, which I like.

allison.

18. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

You could always get a sleeve like the incase and then just throw it in whatever bag your little heart desires. :)

19. JonathanG thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that I wanted a bag that could hold my laptop and some miscellaneous items. I didnt want a sleeve for the bag, I wanted a bag that could do it all and fit the computer. Seems it doesnt exist for the 13 inch.

20. tom.96 macrumors regular

This is exactly what I've done for my Macbook. Found it to be an excellent choice, inexpensive and very high quality

21. danny_w macrumors 601

I prefer to go as light as possible with just the laptop and power adapter (and possibly a small mouse), which fit perfectly in the Incase Nylon Sleeve case that I listed. The handles are usually all that I need, but it also has a strap if I need it.

22. ANH25 macrumors newbie

Shinza.com with discount code!!!!

I love my new MacBook 13.3:apple: (affectionately called Chibi). Anyway, she is safely protected in her Shinza.com ZEROSHOCK III 13.3 inch sleeve. They come in black, white, and orange. I opted for white to match my Mac. It cleans really easily! Bought a matching AC Adapter case to go with it for all my cables. Works great. I love it! They gave me a student discount code (student0707) for 20% off...good price after the code is used. :p