FFC photo flip

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by falkedup, Aug 9, 2013.

1. falkedup macrumors regular

do you think they will give us an option to turn this off? It doesnt make sense that the picture that you previewed and took isnt the picture that you get...

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, it makes sense in the sense that the picture you end up with is the one that the camera actually takes vs. simply a mirror one that it shows you when you are taking the picture. That said, it would be good to have a photo flip option available when editing photos, and/or at least perhaps have two views for the front camera: a mirror view and an actual photo view.

3. dcp10 macrumors 6502

the OP is referring to the front facing camera (FFC) taking a mirror image photo.

4. falkedup thread starter macrumors regular

How does one submit this to apple? I figure we should do it while their actually taking feedback and using it.

5. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

This keeps coming up. When does this actually matter?

6. coolio93 macrumors 6502

It does matter when taking a self photo. It is annoying to look at yourself in the screen and take the photo only to find out that the actual photo that was saved is a mirror image. Then the photo has to be edited and flipped back....pretty annoying considering that apple can just add a toggle to not mirror the photo.

7. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Attached Files:

8. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

It seems to me that it works exactly as it should. We see ourselves as if in a mirror, but the picture that's taken is us as we really look.

9. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

:)

Attached Files:

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

what would really be changed if that photo was flipped horizontally?

11. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Lol. It was more or less showing that it really doesn't matter. That this topic is not really worth discussion. Also making fun of the stupid "duck face" all these girls are posting.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

ah, in that case, yeah, it really doesn't matter in cases like that.

13. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Yea. I don't see this as something that should annoy someone. I mean, what are you doing with the front facing camera?? Taking pictures of your self. Or, like I was the other day, I needed to take a picture of a serial number on the back of a tool box so I could could start a claim and get my money back. It was up against a wall, I slid the box out just enough so I could take the pic of the label. I used the FFC to do this because I could see what I was taking a pic of. Much easier. If it had taken the pic of what I saw on screen, it wouldn't have worked, because i would then be reading the numbers backwards. The way it is makes sense.

14. Doublea6 macrumors regular

Doublea6

Interesting thing though.

http://kenyantech.co.ke/why-your-mirror-image-looks-better-than-your-photos/

At least other people will think it looks good.