ffmpeg "libfreetype" to use drawtext with terminal

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by fompsweeva, Sep 22, 2012.

1. fompsweeva macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to write a command to convert .mov files from a video server.

I need to have embedded time code burnt in to the video, which ffmpeg can do with the drawtext command which requires libfreetype.

Apparently OS X already includes libfreetype, but in a strange place.

That makes a little sense to me, but not enough to actually know how to use that information to create a successful result.

Is there anyone that can help me out in directing ffmpeg to where it needs to look for libfreetype?

Thanks

2. kryten2 macrumors 6502a

What exactly have you tried? You're trying to compile ffmpeg following this guide ? : https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/MacOSXCompilationGuide.
    What's the output of this :

Code:
    freetype-config --libs --cflags
    Have you tried to do what is said in the guide after you installed Homebrew, fdk-aac, libaacplus eg in Terminal :

Code:
    CFLAGS=`freetype-config --cflags`
    LDFLAGS=`freetype-config --libs`
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig
    git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg
    cd ffmpeg
    ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-libaacplus \
    --enable-libass --enable-libcelt --enable-libfaac --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame \
    --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-openssl \
    --enable-libopus --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc \
    --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --prefix=/usr/local
    make && make install
    Does it configure? Does it compile? If not where does it error? What kind of error message do you get? Post screenshots of your errors.

3. sero macrumors member

Code:
    locate libfreetype
    make sure that path is exported to your PATH env var. But if you're trying to compile.. you can prob just download a compiled version for your purposes. E.g., via macports, which will also sort out the dependencies for you (unlike homebrew).