Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fisher624

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
hey all. I have had my iPhone 4 in field test mode since it became available. I liked the accuracy of the -db level vs the bars. Until yesterday the -db level was always displayed unless I tapped the corner to change it. But yesterday it started switching back and forth on its own, kind of.

If I am on my homescreen, and it is showing -db, when I open an app it will switch to bars, without my tapping the corner. If I tap the corner to switch it back to -db, when I hit the home button, it will switch back to bars; so on and so forth.

So whenever I hit home, or open an app, it switches, on its own, between
-db and bars.

Any thoughts? I know I can restore to remove field test mode, but if I'm correct, i would have to restore as new in order to do that. Am I correct in that assumption?

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
This also happens with mine as well. Although not all apps change to bars only a couple, most of them will keep the -db.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings

This will not erase your content on your phone, it will just reset passwords, wifi logins, brightness, etc...

Fisher624

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings

This will not erase your content on your phone, it will just reset passwords, wifi logins, brightness, etc...

yep, that seems to have done the trick. thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.