Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Its awesome, better icon, so much better with sound, the new place is awesome with how they come out of more than one place, a great game just got even greater, a must buy!

Zym

isimon1207

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
Amazing! I thought "no way the FR update wound come out today, with cube late last night, and bike or die this morning." I havn't challenged the new enemies yet but the sounds are great and its great that they added endless mode.

Here is a full list of the updates from appshopper:

---------------------------------
UPDATE NOTES V1.1

NEW FEATURES

- Sounds and music are here! This update includes sound effects and a Fieldrunners theme song.

- Added a new map that requires new strategies.

- Added the highly requested Endless gameplay mode!

- Introduced two new fieldrunners. Watch out, one is invulnerable to goo!

- Added a grid to help place towers.

- The most recently obtained high score is now highlighted.

- Enhanced the visual quality of the title screen and the maps.

- Improved the user interface.

NEW OPTIONS

Found in Settings on the iPhone home screen.

- Play your own MP3s in game by turning off sound.

- Set defaults for player name, difficulty and gameplay mode.

- Adjust sound and music volume.

- Turn grid on/off.

- Turn tutorials on/off.

- Turn vibration on/off.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed an issue where the build menu would disappear indefinitely.

- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to resume a completed game.

- The "new high score" dialog will now only appear if you achieve a new high score.

Please remember to restart your device after the installation by holding the sleep/wake and home buttons at the same time for 10 seconds!

For more news or help with technical issues, please visit our forums at http://www.fieldrunners.com.

Tech Star

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
Finally they brought it out. :D I am glad that Apple finally brought it, now I can start playing more. I have been checking a lot for the past couple of days for this update. :D

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
finally OUT!! yay, i have been checking on updates for the past 5days just for this particular game!!

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
finally OUT!! yay, i have been checking on updates for the past 5days just for this particular game!!
Finally they brought it out. :D I am glad that Apple finally brought it, now I can start playing more. I have been checking a lot for the past couple of days for this update. :D

Yeah, I've been checking constantly my rss feeds(appshopper=]) since it was announced that they submitted it. This game and X-Plane 9. I just feel X-Plane should get an update soon. :D

Ohhhh pretty sounds :D.

It's sooo much better with sounds to me. Especially how they did it well so the sounds can overlap.

Zym

Nickwell24

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2008
Downloaded. The updates made this awesome game AMAZING, it's IMO 10x better w/ the new map and sound effects.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.