FieldTest and iOS Diagnostics after Jailbreak

tkelly0314

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
So I haven't had any problems with Jailbreaking my 4s other than the occasional "white icon".

Last night after scrolling through my apps I noticed "FieldTest and iOS Diagnostics"

Anyone else experiencing this? I know that they disappear after I re-spring but come back randomly.

Attachments

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Install anything through Cydia. Doesn't matter what you install. It will make them go away.

srgz

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
My white icons seem to appear after I install something. A respring gets rid of them.
The problem lies with bug(s) in libhide.
We are all waiting for this to be fixed because it's a pain in the you know what when this happens.
The fix for now is to just re-spring and they'll go away.
Saurik is the developer and I guess he's busy with other stuff and not likely to get around to working on this any time soon.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I have the same issue, it gets really annoying because lately it's been taking several respring to get rid of the white icons... for example I'll get a white mail icon, then I'll respring and the mail icon will come back but then the calendar app will be white, and then I'll respring and mail and calendar will be fine buy the safari icon will be white. It only affects the system apps. Super annoying and I hope someone fixes this really fast. :)

But not to detract from the fact that it's a very acceptable trade-off to be able to have a jailbroken device, we just all have to bitch about something, haha