Fifa 08 or Burnout Paradise for PS3?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Feb 12, 2008.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm in a tossup of whether to get fifa 08 or burnout paradise for ps3. I do like racing games but it doesn't seem to be the 'traditional racing game' and I know I didn't like Saints Row on XBOX 360 because it had no 'structure' to the game. Any advice? Fifa 08 looks tempting but apparently its very difficult to play

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Can you not rent them both and see which you prefer. It may be a case that neither are for you....

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Burnout is better imo, if you want a great Football game wait for Pro Evo 08 to release. I have the Demo from the Japanense store and it blows Fifa 08 clear out of the water.

Ed

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've played both FIFA and Pro Evo; Pro Evo is broken!

As for FIFA versus Burnout Paradise I'm going to say Burnout. The game is insane. Sometimes I sit there just driving around only to find out 2 hours have gone by.

5. pcypert macrumors 6502

Pro Evo PS3 sucks. Fifa has better licensing and it's come a long, long way. I think people just want it to suck as they prefer rooting for the under dog or something. Maybe some EA hate. There is one MAJOR bug in the Wii version, but it makes things more fun. If you pause for a few minutes the game goes super fast when you start back up. Like really fast...at least my copy :)

6. tsincaat macrumors member

I don't even like soccer, so my default answer is Burnout. Burnout is a great game though, especially if you have a group of real life friends to complete all the challenges in, which can be a hoot. There's nothing like free roaming a huge city with friends and completing challenges

7. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Can you play with multiple people on one console or do all your friends have to be online? I like the idea of playing with my friends but I'm not sure I can convince them all to get the game if we can only play together online.

8. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

9. pcypert macrumors 6502

Fifa is really easy to jump into and then really deep if you're wanting that experience. Have played the 360 and Wii version so can't comment specifically on the PS3, but it is what it is. Quick matches, full seasons, challenges, etc...basic football game (with all the proper teams, kits, etc).

Paul

10. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Not really. There are a lot of trick moves to master, but most of them are for show. You can get deep into the game, but the learning curve is shallow.

FIFA 08 has completely revamped the series. They have slowed the game down and it is much more like real football. In fact it is for the first time more realistic than Pro Evo/Winning Eleven and I thought I would never say that.

I made this clip of some of some of the first goals I'd scored. You can see that the game looks quite real and the runs of the players off the ball make for some nice moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHu51STlI_I

Have a look around Youtube and you'll get a reasonable idea of the footballing model, and to see goals that are a lot better than mine.

11. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

12. peletrane macrumors member

Having watched your excellent clips, I must ask you squarely: "are you what Mark Knopfler defined as a 'Geordie Lad'"???:)

Me thinks its equivalent to being a Cubs fan...:D

13. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Having played burnout, I think it's a game worth having. I highly recommend it. The freedom it gives you is really to-notch.