FIFA 11 HD for the iPad now available

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by petvas, Dec 18, 2010.

1. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Electronic Arts just released FIFA 11 HD for the iPad. It costs 7,99€ in Europe.
    I downloaded the game and have been playing the last hour. The graphics are very good and the gameplay is also good, but I think it could be even better. The game is 850MB, so be prepared to for long download times.
    This is by far the best soccer game for the iPad. The only thing that is missing is a career mode.

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Seriously. If games are going to start becoming full, what I would call PROPER games as opposed to waste 10 mins on the train games, and we are going to see them approaching 1GB in size, then if nothing else if should send signals to Apple that it needs to offer customers a doubling of the Storage Memory of the current iPads.

The next iPad which come out soon ish is going to have to last till April 2012 and beyond by which time current storage may be looking very small by needs at that time for entertainment software.

I know Apple are not used to this, but the games industry are the ones that have pushed hardware specs along for decades now, more than anything else.

3. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

I have the 16GB model and the last couple of weeks I installed many new games. Now I only have 3GB free. My 32GB iPad is on its way. I think 32GB is more than enough, at least for me.

4. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

You forgot to add the bit "for the time being" in that sentence.

I was told 32K was enough for me a long time ago on my Atari 8 Bit computer :D

5. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

When the iPad 2 comes, then I will get the 64GB model. Of course in two to three years if the games become 3-4GB big, then a 128GB might be needed, if someone wants to keep everything on his/her device.

6. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Well seeing how BIG the game Halo was on the original Xbox and I believe that was only around the 1GB mark for the PC version, which would normally not be as tightly coded as the console version which only has to run on one device.

If games start getting over 1GB when written for a dedicated device, I might suspect programming is getting a bit sloppy.

7. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

If you have an iPad, why bother getting another one? No offense, but why not wait for the 2nd gen and go for a 64 version?

8. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

Because I needed the extra space. I also thought that my father would love to have an iPad. It's Christmas after all!
    When the new ipad comes, I will just buy it and sell the old one.

9. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

That's what I am trying to do, get first gen secondhand cheap - play with it until 2nd gen comes out, and give first gen to my mother.