FIFA 13 on MBA/ Bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Belgrano, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Belgrano macrumors member

Anyone given this a try on the MBA? I'm curious to hear how well it performs, especially on the 2012 models.

I imagine the only practical way to run it s via bootcamp.

2. igneosakro macrumors newbie

From my own experience I can tell you that FIFA 13 runs great on the MBA 13" 2012, even from Wineskin. I didn't tried to run it from Bootcamp, 'cause I didn't want to waste space of my SSD just for playing games, but if Wineskin can move it so greatly, I can figure that running Windows natively should be even better.

I'm running it with the following graphical configuration:
    • [Resolution: 1440x900 (native)
    • Rendering quality: High
    • MSAA Options: Off (it runs also at good speed if you choose both 2x or 4x, but with Off setting it is even more fluid)
    • Frame rate: Lock to 60 fps
    • Rendering options: Wait for Vsync | Disable Windows Aero theme

PS: There is no support for Origin-DRM on Wine, so if you want to play online, you should install it via Bootcamp.
    PS2: If you want to know how to create a Wineskin wrapper for FIFA 13, go to this site

3. Belgrano thread starter macrumors member

This is great info, especially because I didn't reckon my 2012 MBA would run it on high settings or native res. Tempts me into buying the game. Thanks!

4. MRay57 macrumors newbie

Oh my God man are you serious? Really? Wow I got MBA 2012 4 Gb RAM installed on Windows 7 Pro 64 bits and I cant even run the game correctly on 1012X768 on low settings!

This is the first time i hear about Wrapper I will try that.

5. wolfpuppies3 macrumors 6502

6. Opp macrumors newbie

not to derail the thread, quick question though

when i play fifa 12 on my 2012 base model 13" it gets pretty close to 100C sometimes, should i be worried about this? how can i keep the temperature down:confused:

I've tried smc fan control but cant seem to find a good setting

7. Hassaan.W macrumors newbie

Hey I also have the same laptop but there are no players on the pitch when playing the game, using the same wrapper.

8. diverso macrumors newbie

graphical configuration Macbook pro

I need help, I'm trying to configure FIFA13 to the medium settings as right now the game is stuttering and basically unplayable is there any way to do this on the mac version?