Fifa 13 on rMBP, Amazing!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WillTC, Nov 11, 2012.

1. WillTC macrumors newbie

This is a short review for all of you that are interested on Fifa 13 running on a 15 inch rMBP.

I run it via Bootcamp with Win7, downloaded Fifa via Origin. I have played Fifa constantly for a few months now and totally have no regrets.

I play it at 1920x1080 at Highest settings, Anti aliasing, vsync and lock the fps to 60fps. When I first tried it, I expected it to lag, as I have heard that Macs arent made for gaming or that you shouldnt bother playing games on Macs. But all my doubts vanished as soon as I started playing. Its as good as a PS3 or Xbox, if not better.

Online gaming via Wifi was no issue although lags do occur if you have a bad wifi signal. I installed fraps to see the fps and they stayed at 60fps all the time. I do 6 hour sessions on weekends and this machine holds up like a boss.

Summary:
    Gaming on a rMBP p, Yay or Nay..
    Definitely Yay.

Thats it for my review, turned out to be quite long :p

William

2. The Dark Shape macrumors newbie

The rMBP has an Nvidia 650m card, which is essentially the 660m. The 660m is more than capable of gaming. Anything designed for PS3/Xbox 360 should easily run on the Mac, while beating the console counterparts handily.

At the moment I'm playing Assassin's Creed II at 1920x1200 with 8x anti-aliasing and 16x antisotropic filtering at 60fps.

3. Sahee macrumors regular

Sahee

Wait... you bought a 2000$ machine but you did not expect it to handle FIFA? What did you expect it to handle than? Facebook?

4. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

Facebook and Twitter in high-res up to 60 posts per second. Well worth the $2000+

5. WillTC thread starter macrumors newbie

Ehm. I was just saying how my experience was? Is it really that bad. I never mentioned that I expected anything from this machine.

I was just writing my personal opinions on the Mac.