FIGHT BACK! spread the word.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Chaos123x, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Chaos123x, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011

Chaos123x macrumors 68000

For those who want FCP X to be improved you have to fight back!

If you bought the software and are unhappy, please, please, please, make sure you go to the App Store and review with only one star. Does it deserve only one star? Maybe not, but it will get apples attention. So give it a one star till apple get's it up to speed. For those who want FCP X to be improved you have to fight back!

If your unhappy and have not bought go to the App store and click on reviews with one star and mark them helpful. Anyone with a 5 star mark them unhelpful! All other ratings leave them alone.

This only one of the ways to get Apples attention, you got to spread the word to all the other forums you post on for this to work.

Can you imagine Steve Jobs reaction if FCP got down to a one star rating on the App store? The ***** would hit the fan. Maybe not, but it will get apples attention. So give it a one star till apple get's it up to speed.

EDIT wan't typo. I

Btw I don't hate FCP X I like it, but it does need improvements.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Why it is bad?
    Isn't it better to email Steve?
    Call customer service?
    Get a refund?
    Your 1 star review is only one of many options that you have.
    Anyway :apple: will easily tweak the star rating, and delete any review considered out of their line.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I second this.

I read all of the post and the only thing I came away with was "wan't"?

Well, that and "If your unhappy" kept making me ask "If my unhappy what?."

You're.

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

I came away with "Oh for god's sake" and "Final Cut Pro X will get there. Everybody calm down. Just keep using FCS3 till FCPX is ready for primetime."

5. jwheeler macrumors regular

I second this. Although £170 for beta access :p Cause thats kinda what it is. I have high hopes that eventually it will become the best editor for me personally (i only edit as a hobby) and professionals.

6. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

We all knew this was going to be a V1 product, and if anyone else remembers Final Cut Pro v1, that was in the same state for a few product versions, but by Final Cut Pro v3 it was pretty much the same editor I use and love today as FCP7. It'll get there, everyone just needs to chill a little bit and wait it out.

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Part of the explosion is that they aren't selling it as a v1 product they are selling it as Final Cut Pro 10 and have killed off the current FCS. If they had called it Apple's Awesome Editor 1.0 and continued support of the current FCS until Apple's Awesome Editor was up to snuff I doubt any of this PR nightmare would've happened.

Once Apple lays out its road to let people know what features will be added back and when the situation will defuse a little. Until then all we can do is assume Apple is going to fix it at some point it time (and that hopefully it doesn't require buying FCP 11). Unfortunately basing current business decisions on the assumption that Apple will appropriately update FCP X in the future isn't a very sound way to do things and many people have been waiting for a new FCP for years (the anemic '09 update made a lot of people think Apple was backing out of the pro market). They've seen what Avid is up to and they've seen what Adobe was up to but they wanted to wait for Apple because FCP is their preferred software. Well, they saw FCP X, didn't like it and are now planning to move over to Premiere or Media Composer.

Hell, we're still working under the assumption that Apple even wants to keep the section of the broadcast and film market that currently uses FCP7.

Lethal

8. xStep, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

xStep macrumors 68000

And to counter...

If you have bought and like FCPX, give it a proper review and star count and also mark those reviews that you agree with by marking them as helpful. You need to let Apple know what you do like about the product.

The whinny pros who were silly enough to download a 1.0 product without first doing their homework don't deserve to have feedback capability. The people who left intelligent constructive (non-whinny) feedback are another breed and I'm sure will be taken seriously by Apple.

What ever kind of feedback you leave, make it constructive and clear.

9. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

We all knead to leaven constructive feedback.

Dough!!! :)

10. tekriter macrumors newbie

But why release a product with so many limitations for its intended users?

11. Unpleasant macrumors member

Many "pros" don't upgrade to the latest on day one. They wait and hear what it has to say. Cause they can't afford down time.

If you bought Final Cut Pro X then you did it cause you wanted to try it out. There is nothing wrong with Final Cut Pro 7 and if you are a pro, you should have done your homework. It has been publicly told that it wasn't ready for the professional world yet. It will be receiving a lot more upgrades.

12. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

Not being a rye wit, but does FCP X work with Toast?

Apple is certainly breaking the mold... although I am rather split...

13. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

14. singlestick macrumors regular

It is not true that "it has been publicly told that it wasn't ready for the professional world yet." Even a strong Apple partisan like John Gruber has noted in a recent Daring Fireball column that FCP was "disturbingly incomplete" to those who depend on it to make their living. It is also a fallacy that version 1.0 of a product must be crappy or unfinished. Apple has recently had a string of successes with products that were reasonably polished out of the gate. FCP is a stumble. It will get better, but Apple needlessly squandered goodwill. Also, from what I can see, some of the early reviews, including Pogue's first review, were not particularly reliable, making it harder for anyone to "do their homework."

15. xStep macrumors 68000

LOL!

Fixed.

16. Unpleasant macrumors member

Not entirely true, I do agree but, There should be review sites that does review for such, Although they aren't released on the released date doesn't mean you can't do your homework. Just gotta wait it out for a bit. If you really really really can't wait a week or so. Then just got to suck it up. Yeah most programs aren't flawless out of the box. I know.

I thought i seen somewhere on macrumors saying that it isn't ready for professional use.. apperenty not. Scratch that first thought

17. xStep macrumors 68000

There was enough rumor & FUD in the community so that anyone with two functioning brain cells could have expected that this version 1 product might be lacking in some respect. The people asking for their money back need their sanity checked. A little patience could have saved them and Apple the hassle.

I agree with your second statement above.

18. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Exactly my point. Just a shame they haven't kept FCS around at least for volume licensing/people who can provide a valid FCS2/3 serial to allow them to buy more copies, since then Apple would probably have gotten away with it.

19. johnhw macrumors 6502

If you remember iMove '08, it was just as bad as FCPX. Less featured, kinda buggy. They fixed it an update later. It was a complete rewrite, you couldn't put all features from the previous version on a complete rewrite..

20. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

21. xStep macrumors 68000

Name one feature that Apple couldn't have copied from iMovie HD to iMovie 08. Apple chose to not place certain features into iMovie 08. In other cases such as project & file management, they changed the model. They did the same for FCPX.

22. Blipp macrumors 6502

I think you are 100% correct I just wish Apple was a little more open with admitting this to be the case. If they'd offered it at a lower price for early adopters to start trying some of their workflow in FCPX while continuing to sell and support FCS3 until X had matured enough to take over I think they'd have a much happier or at the very least a must less panicked user base.

23. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Apple also kept iMovie 6 available for free for about two years until the 'new' iMovie finally reached the functional level of the 'old' iMovie.

Lethal