Fight death grip issue with invisible shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jusfer, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Jusfer macrumors member

I installed the invisible shield (full version) yesterday on the iPhone 4. The kit also comes with pieces designed to go on the metal frame but they are a bit narrower than the frame. So I cut wider strips (5.8mm) to cover as much of the metal as possible without overlapping and installed these strips over the critical areas, particularly over and above the lower left corner. Since then, my death-grip-induced signal loss is over...and the "tackiness" of the invisible shield also gives me a more secure grip of the phone. I have very dry hands, so the old 3G constantly slipped out of my hands and dropped. I have reason to believe that this won't happen so easily now with the iP4.

I know that we're all getting a free bumper or case, but if you want to preserve the clean look of your iP4, you may want to consider something like the above.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Hate to break it to you but that does nothing. I have it on mine as well. The skin is a conductive material which us why you're able to penetrate it with your touch and operate the touch screen with the front shield.

The shields do nothing to prevent a conductive bridging of the lower left seam.