Fight wifi / bt interference

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikolajek, May 26, 2017.

1. mikolajek macrumors newbie

mikolajek

After upgrading my iPhone 7 to iOS 10.3.2 I've observed a significant delay in my wifi performance. Before it everything was stable and superfast (I have 250 Mbit connection).

I've browsed a lot of forums and finally come across the explanation, but the problem is I have no idea how to fix it. It looks it's a common problem for iPhones - enabled Bluetooth significantly hamper WiFi performance. In my case it's 0.2 Mbit with BT on and over 80 MBit with BT off, so you can imagine myself getting crazy.

The thing is that I've did some testing with my work WiFi and I haven't found that much speed difference with BT on/off - it was 10-15% only. That led me to a conclusion it might be the WiFi channel set in my home router. I played with it but with no result - whatever I set there, the speed sucks with BT on...

I already forgot and restored the home WiFi connection and reseted all network settings - no luck here...

Can anyone advise what else can I do in that regard?

2. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

Have you performed a clean install of iOS (without backup) to see if that works better? If it still doesn't sounds like a hardware issue as I have no such issues...

3. 960design macrumors 68020

I was previously running 10.3.2 with WiFi and BT no issues whatsoever. I'm now running 10.3.3, so I can not directly verify your issues. Using Bluetooth Explorer.app I show no significant issues.

My use case is MBP15(2016) - maxed and BeatsX and Sennheiser PXC5500 BT headphones connecting to iPhone, multiple iPads, iMac27, MBP15. I switch between headphones and devices quite often and rarely have any issues with BT connections.