Fighting Technology

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BiggeeC, Feb 14, 2008.

1. BiggeeC macrumors regular

Hey all. Been a long time. Here's the story: My G3 iBook is on its last legs. It's now 6 years old. I love this thing, and still use it everyday. As I said, last legs. The internet is now problematic. I can't go to certain websites because of the various flash movies and such. A website like ign.com KILLS my laptop. I have an original airport card in there now, not even airport extreme. So, having said that....a new laptop will be in my hands soon. Here is where you all can help me.

My new laptop will be with me for at least another 5 years. With the way technology is going, will a MacBook work for me? Should I upgrade to a MacBook Pro? I don't play games. I can see myself doing some minor video editing and/or picture editing in the future after I have a kid, but that would take up about 5-10% of my computer time. Will a MacBook still be able to do these things 5 years down the road? Is there that much of a difference in the Pro? Is an integrated video card really that important? Will the internet continue to require more of my computer? These are questions that I ask before giving Apple more of my money, and I obviously don't know how to answer them. Thanks

--Chris

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

macbook

no question

theres not a great enough difference that will future proof the pro over the regular macbook

3. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

A MacBook will work about the same in years to come as your iBook did in the same periods, computers have been advancing at a pretty constant rate. So realistically, a mid-range MacBook will last you 5 years of light computing.