Figured it out! All remaining pre-orders will be shipped tomorrow!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bob vansteel, Jun 16, 2009.

1. bob vansteel macrumors regular

OK, so the first batch of pre-orders were shipped on the 15th and are scheduled to arrive the 17th...weather UPS will hold them until the 19th idk.

Recently a lot of people have been wondering why there orders still say ready for shipment...here is why: It's obvious! All remaining Pre-orders, as long as they are made today will ship tomorrow on the 17th, and that's right you guessed it, arrive on the 19th as planned!

You see apple shipped the first batch out in a huge ups cargo plane...the next one leaves tomorrow! So if you want your 3GS in by the 19th ORDER NOW! Im going to go ahead and say that "Pre-order now and get it June 19." line of text will disappear tomorrow and be replaced with a later date.

Just makes sense and logically fits the timeline! ahhh cant wait!

2. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

no other form of proof that this is how it is?

m

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Pics or it isn't happening. If it says "delivery By the 19th" then its either tomorrow, Thursday or.....the 19th. If it's early - well post an unboxing thread and gloat. Otherwise - live your life knowing all will be well by Friday.

Good God - my kids have more patience for Christmas than most of the people on here.

4. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

Being one of the first people to get an iPhone 3G S is better than Christmas :p

5. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I know the toilet can be referred to as the "thinking chair", but if you push too hard it can result in threads like this one. Probably sounded genius at the time...

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

LOL - a less diplomatic response than mine, but I was thinking along the same lines as you!

7. bob vansteel thread starter macrumors regular

wtf...i never said i got mine in!?!? gosh can you people not read...try glancing over it again

never mentioned i got my 3GS in. i said im pretty positive all remaining pre-orders will be shipped tomorrow and if you want one by the 19th, then order tonight to get in that batch...just trying to help out

8. cobalt135 macrumors regular

Just go over to the "I got a tracking number" thread or whatever it is called. There are hundreds of posts just like that one. People downright arguing that they know the while logistics of the shipments.

Not trying to put down anyone for coming up with these ideas, it is just amusing to watch.

9. bob vansteel thread starter macrumors regular

haha ok sorry, just ordered my 3GS a few hours ago, haven't really checked here much till now

10. dxta0 macrumors member

dxta0

you know what i was thinking the same thing it just makes senses

11. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Well that was...tactful? Although his thought doesn't have "insiders" backing it up, lord knows we should be supporting logical thoughts on this board especially with the onslaught of those thinking NOT so logically...:rolleyes:

I do think this is something everyone should consider because after all it does make sense...

12. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

I'm amazed at how many teenagers flood this site with useless threads. I guess I should start a thread filled with nothing but speculation and junk too

13. Synergy37 macrumors newbie

If I was to cancel my ATT preorder could I quickly preorder with Apple and get it by friday?

14. joro macrumors 68020

joro

You can't "cancel" your order with AT&T, you have to refuse shipment and from what I was told they will charge you a 10% restocking fee for doing it. If if it comes down to it though and they don't deliver on the 19th, I have a phone waiting for me at Best Buy and I will contest the restocking fee considering I never even opened the box.

15. Switz213 macrumors 6502

hahahah so true.

16. x0lliex macrumors member

I cancelled my AT&T upgrade order a few hours ago and have already placed my new order for direct shipment from Apple.com

17. EmptyWallet macrumors regular

I'd really like to do this, but I think I'd be screwing myself considering I'm an upgrade.

18. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

In my experience, on more than one occasion with UPS "Delivery Date: June 19" has turned into "Delivered: June 23". FedEx is a little better about on time deliveries, but not by much. Unless it is shipped priority, "Estimated Delivery Date" is just that...an estimate.

I hope to get it friday, but I am prepared for monday.

Are people seriously cancelling orders over not knowing on Tuesday what time their phone will arrive on Friday?

19. Synergy37 macrumors newbie

Did you call to do this and is the Apple order guarenteed?

20. x0lliex macrumors member

I called AT&T to cancel and the Apple page still said the phone will arrive on the 19th. It wont screw up your upgrade.

21. bob vansteel thread starter macrumors regular

Whoa who called it, looks like common sense prevailed on this one.

Check the Apple site, it no longer says delivered by the 19th! All that's left now is to wait for our tracking numbers! (seeing as they should be shipping them any time now)