Figuring out reasonable selling price for MacPro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AppleNewton, Feb 25, 2008.

1. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

I have a great/excellent/near perfect condition MacPro 2.66 quad system, im currently deciding to sell towards the purchase of a MacPro Octo system.

Current specs:
    MacPro 2.66ghz
    3GB of Apple Ram (6x512)
    500GB BTO Drive
    ATI X1900XT
    AirPort
    Bluetooth
    Wired Keyboard & Mouse (new in packaging, purchased 3rd party keyboard/mouse)
    AppleCare until 2010
    1xSuperdrive
    Original Box + discs (10.4.8) + Leopard 10.5 (so 2 OS')

Originally purchased for alittle over 3000$ almost a year ago.
    I guess my ballpark range would be roughly 1900~2200, but that what im stuck on....

soooo...Im curious what are peoples opinions on how to sell, best places to sell, and what kind of advice otherwise for selling Mac systems.
    Its the first Mac i've owned (LOVE IT) so im just curious for a first time seller.

I have all sorts of applications (Adobe CS2, Microsoft Office etc) however their registered to my Graphics company so Im sure I cant allow them to be used with the computer when i sell, so other than that its just the BTO System i received plus the 1GB ram upgrade.

Thanks for your time & interest.

:D

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

They are going for about $1999.00 on the refurb store with a smaller drive and less ram but at the same time are like new.

If I were looking to buy such a system used and considered the new 2.8 quad for $2299.00 I would offer about $1700.00 +/-
    But that's me, you could take a look at ebay to see what auctions closed at for a system such as yours.

Good Luck.

3. AppleNewton thread starter macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

thanks!

its just really bizarre to me that macpros dont have a really big resell rate, considering ive seen G5's for the past 1 1/2 to 2 years sell for almost that much.

ill take a look around eBay, thanks again