Filco and Thunderbolt display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chaseychasem, Sep 9, 2012.

1. chaseychasem macrumors regular

Anybody connected a Filco keyboard to the Thunderbolt display via USB without issue? Dunno whether I want the allegedly superior typing experience of the Filco or seamlessness of the Apple keyboard once my TBD/MBP setup is ready. If I stick with the Filco, I'll need to use KeyRemap4MacBook in addition to SteerMouse with the Logitech device, and I anticipate weird conflicts. Thunderbolt third-party USB glitches would only complicate matters.

2. JammySTB macrumors newbie

The Filco is just a normal USB keyboard. It'll work with the Mac keyboard drivers.

I have a Filco w/browns and it's 100x nicer than the Apple keyboards in my opinion.

3. chaseychasem thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip. Do you use KeyRemap4MacBook to restore F-functionality? If so, does it cause any complications? I'd be using SteerMouse with a Logitech mouse already.

4. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Why do you need a keyremap? Sell the one you have and buy the Mac version. It works flawlessly. There's no better typing experience in my opinion.

5. chaseychasem thread starter macrumors regular

Plenty of people swear by the Filco, and I do a lot of typing, so I'm keeping an open mind. But I will opt for the Apple keyboard if it turns out that the Filco doesn't play nice with the TBD or KR4MBP creates problems.

6. JammySTB macrumors newbie

I use Windows, but I'll hook it up to a Mac later and try this software for you!