Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newformac

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2011
Hi all,

i am using my app,and create some file and folder in Resources folder in content folder of app.

but the content folder doesn't have write permission ,that's why my File nd Folder not created in content folder of app by normal user.

how can i create file and folder with permission or make the Resources folder to writable.

please help me for this.

thanks in advance.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You should never, under any circumstances, be writing to any folder within your apps package. This means you should never write to your Resources folder. This is all covered in the developer documentation.

newformac

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2011
i mean to say what is the suitable location to create file and folder that is read and writable foe all type of users.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
i mean to say what is the suitable location to create file and folder that is read and writable foe all type of users.

I would ask you again which documents you searched for an answer before posting but I get the feeling you will just evade the question because the answer is "none".

You should read File System Overview, specifically the first few sections on domains an the Library folder(s)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.