Universal File Browser iOS Files integration problem...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Synergie, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I have tried File Browser full, File Browser Biz and File Browser Go. All 3 versions do it. Every time I have been away from the device for a bit I have to once again authenticate File Browser to work in Files. It’s annoying. But I want access to all my files in one app including SMB. This is what I keep getting... but correct me if I am wrong shouldn’t this only happen once? the very first time you run it???

IMG_2609.jpg

2. sparksd macrumors 68020

3. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Especially when File Explorer app can do it without needing authentication every time...

4. PaulJames macrumors newbie

PaulJames

The message that iOS shows in the Files app is misleading (unfortunately we can't control that) because right now FileBrowser runs in the background to perform all network operations. Switching to FileBrowser just restarts the app if iOS has stopped it, so you can then just switch back (using the iOS status bar back-to-app button is quickest). Working this way gives security benefits (particularly in VPN environments, plus the credentials and keys don't leave the FileBrowser process) but we'll be expanding the options in later updates here for those who value increased convenience!
    More info: https://www.stratospherix.com/products/filebrowserforbusiness/integration/