Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
I have a motorola RAZR and what to put a OSX skin onto it. I have the skin and how-to instructions, but this involves been able to connect to the file structure of the phone. The windows programme that others use is called P2Ktools. Does anybody know of the mac version of this tool or a similar app. You can connect to it over iSync which i regularry do, but you can only access the audio, video and picture folders.

Thanks

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I have a motorola RAZR and what to put a OSX skin onto it. I have the skin and how-to instructions, but this involves been able to connect to the file structure of the phone. The windows programme that others use is called P2Ktools. Does anybody know of the mac version of this tool or a similar app. You can connect to it over iSync which i regularry do, but you can only access the audio, video and picture folders.

Thanks
Try moto4lin it's similar to P2Ktools. Like it's name suggests it was built for Linux, but works on a Mac. I've never done a skin edit with this, but I think it would install a skin fairly easily.

BTW If you're tempted to edit the seems, be very careful, a wrong move can really mess up your phone.

<edit> I left my phone at home so I can't verify this, but I think you can browse the file structure through the finder if you change the connectivity settings on your phone. Somewhere in the settings menu there is the USB connection settings, I think you have to set it up in ... data/fax <-?? mode and connect it to your computer. I think if you are connected by USB the phone will show up as a new volume in the finder and you can browse the folders. if someone could confirm/deny this it would help

Now where did my phone go?? :mad:</edit>

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
well one of the first things it tells you to do is going into usb settings (on the phone) and change that to data/fax, but my phone doesn't have this option and i went onto my sisters RAZR (as she has the newer model) and it isn't on hers either which is strange. Any ideas?

TwistedLogic

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2007
Do you have a V3m? I do and a USB option doesn't show up for me either. If you're using Verizon like I am they crippled just about everything when it comes to being able to get files on your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.