File Compare / Transfer Utility? Recs needed.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ROBOTBC, May 13, 2011.

1. ROBOTBC macrumors newbie

Hi,

Looking for recommendation on transferring files from old MAC to new, primarily standard music files and photos. My old mac had some user login issues so i had to create multiple users to login, so this caused me to have a sparse image which i still have access to through another user, and a new user that i used for my day to day. I was thinking that if i am connected and then pull over certain folders from the old machine to the new, and then run the utility to see if the same file is on my new machine. I ran the normal setup transfer utility when i got the new machine.

I am ideally looking for a utility that can compare and search for files so i can verify that i have all the proper files copied over.

Any suggestions?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Every Mac ships with Migration Assistant for precisely that. Me? I establish a network connection between the two computers after which I drag files over from the old computer to the new. As for third-party help? You don't need it only if you are looking for a way to waste money and/or time.