File copy error

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DrMundo, Apr 13, 2013.

1. DrMundo macrumors newbie

Hi there,

When I try to copy some video files from my external 1TB Lacie hard drive to my internal hard drive or on the same hard drive I get two error messages (I tried to translate it from french):

"The Finder can not finish the operation because some datas of "AA116201.MF can not be read or written. (Error code -36)"

and

"Impossible to finish the operation because one or several required elements are missing(/unfindable)." (Error code -43)

Would you have an idea of where it's coming from and what to do?

Thank you

2. LaCieTech macrumors member

Hi,

This is likely related to either file corruption or volume corruption on the source data. You can try repairing the disk with Disk Utility or 3rd party software like Disk Warrior (which is designed to repair volume corruption). Sometimes permissions errors can cause this which can sometimes be resolved in Disk Utility by repairing permissions.

You may wantto try to copy smaller groups of files to isolate the corrupted data and just skip it if possible. If no file at all will transfer then its fairly certain that volume corruption is the issue and recovery measures should be taken. Please also send us a ticket on our site to troubleshoot further and investigate other possibilities. WWW.lacie.com/mystuff

~mn, LaCie