File copying issues with Paragon NTFS driver

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ejket, Mar 2, 2014.

1. ejket macrumors newbie

ejket

I've been having problems copying large collections of files from an NTFS external drive to my new Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB HD). I'm using the Paragon NTFS driver, and the files were originally from Linux.

What I get is an error to the effect that a file already exists, and this will bork a big copy that might entail 100K files or more. By "bork" I mean that the file operation will throw an error and halt, requiring me to figure out for myself how to continue. So I look for the offending file and rename it, but sometimes there's nothing to fix--there are no duplicate files. This is annoying to the point of being a show-stopper, since it can happen a lot during a big copy.

I'm not that good with Macs, and I'd like to know if there's some configuration I can set WRT file copying--like, could I just rename a duplicate file as a default action? Is there some way to copy more interactively? Maybe, since the files aren't over 4G in size, I should use FAT32 instead?

I'd appreciate any suggestions for a more reliable way to physically move large quantities of files from Linux to my Mac (ie, not over a network), or a way to make my present method more reliable.

2. ejket thread starter macrumors newbie

ejket