File Corruption Issues Making it IMPOSSIBLE to Sync, backup, etc.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by malexandria, Oct 30, 2010.

1. malexandria Suspended

Hello,

For the last 6 months my Mac has been a nightmare to use. It keeps randomly finding files to Corrupt - usually a purchased itunes file - music, video, podcast, etc. So every time I go and sync my music library it randomly picks a file to corrupt which ends up stopping the sync. This happens when I try and use Time Machine, backup iPhoto, copy my files to an external drive, etc.

It's driving me NUTS! And I've used disc repair as well. And it'll sync one device fine but then decide it's corrupted on another.... It's a NIGHTMARE. It renders my Macbook practically useless if I can't work with my files. I ran disk utility and there's nothing wrong with my HD.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What Mac OS X version, iPhoto and iTunes version do you use? What format (be specific) does your internal HDD and the external HDD use?

Either check via Get Info in Finder or Disk Utility.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can you remember what happened before (installation of software or crashes or ...) the problems began to occur?

And what does Disk Utility say, when you repair the disks or permissions? Can you copy the content into your next post?

3. malexandria thread starter Suspended

Join Date: Mar 2009 File Corruption Issues Making it IMPOSSIBLE to Sync, backup, e

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have tried all of these things. I even reformatted my HD last year and it still occurs and the frustrating thing is the randomless, the lack of information it provides, and it happens a lot on Movies and Audio files that I actually purchase from iTunes. It's especially horrendous when it comes to copying the 29 Gigs worth of music and movies over to the iPad.

The irony is, this same exact library syncs perfectly fine on my Windows machine. I've pretty much had it with this macbook this issue has gone on since I bought it two years ago and my files seem to be locked into it. I finally decided to get an iMac a few weeks ago and had to return it because I simply can't get my files off this macbook or any of my iDevices.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can you please provide answers to the questions I asked, in order to determine what is wrong and maybe help you?

You can either use screenshots (Shift + Command + 4, > Spacebar, > select window/element) and attach them via the [​IMG] button or be as descriptive as you can.

Also select an example file (one for audio and one for video) and use the Finder's GET INFO window and iTunes GET INFO window to post details about the files.