file distribution system

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by cmk08, Oct 7, 2008.

1. cmk08 macrumors newbie

I am looking for a way to have my clients view a list of files and check the ones they want to download. I am able to do that on a one by one download basis (click, download), how can I have them first choose and then in one action download multiple files? Is there a software you use for that? The technologies I am currently using are mysql and php. Thanks!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I helped someone on here a while back about using a JavaScript solution, but it was a bit involved. I'm not sure if the full solution is on the thread or if it only exist in our private messages. Like I said though, it was an involved solution. What you'd likely want is some server side language (like PHP) get all of the files and zips them together and then downloads the single zip file so there's only one download happening. That would likely be the most straight forward solution. Off hand I don't know of any scripts for this, but I'm sure they exist if you search for them.

3. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I have it all on my other mac and can upload if needed - with your permission of course.

4. cmk08 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I have no problems if you post it. Though it sounds like the OP is preferring the PHP route.