File exchange Mac/Pc via LaCie ext disk

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ebbew, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ebbew macrumors newbie

I want to exchange files between MacPro and Pc windows 7 64 bit. In Mac I have partitioned my LaCie 4big Quadro with 1 partition FAT32 DOS, GPT principle. Here Mac has no problem to copy my files to this partition, but my Pc cannot read this partition. The Pc recognizes the LaCie without problems in the Disk Utility, but cannot read it. I also cannot give this disk any name ((F: etc) in the pch disk utility.

I have seen en earlier thread on the seme topic, but not the problem when the pc cant read it.

You suggest two partitions, one fpr Mac and one for Pc. OK - but how do I copy files from one to another??

Please help.
    Ebbe Wahlund

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What partition table is it using? I've had issues when using GUID with Windows but Master Boot Record (or whatever it is) has worked better

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It certainly seems that W7 and Mac OS have different views of how GPT should be implemented/interpreted. See this thread for something similar and how the user resolved it. There's also a utility to help diagnose the issue in there.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1070175

B