File Extensions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by johnnyxhuynh, Nov 10, 2007.

1. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

I've done quite a bit of searching on the internet and am simply not able to locate any information regarding "batch extension hiding." I am using Tiger and can't seem to pull up a "Multiple Items Get Info" window when selecting many files, as an old Macworld article suggests.

Does anyone have any kind of solution for this? I would like to HIDE all my extensions? FYI: The Folder-preferences-uncheck-show-all-extensions trick DOES NOT work. Please advise! Thanks in advance.

2. johnnyxhuynh thread starter macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

I retract that statement. I had originally tried this with "Desktop" open in Finder. I guess that wasn't really considered a "folder." Anyway, it worked when I opened any other given folder and attempted to pull up the "Multiple Item Info," as the Macworld article states.

I'd still like to know if anyone out there knows of a program that may batch process multiple files on the hard drive even if they are not in the same folder.

3. mlcolorado macrumors newbie

By making an Automator workflow, you may be able to batch process multiple files and change things about them, such as dealing with file extensions.