file formatting changes every time I save

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mattking1, Sep 28, 2010.

1. mattking1 macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2010
    I have a 2006 Ibook with a G-4 processor. For some reason every time I save a document under a specific formatting, it will change it back to appleworks when I open it up. The document will then appear as untitled and I will be forced to re-format the document again before saving. Also, when I send a document through e-mail even before it has been changed to appleworks the person receiving will only be able to open it as an HTML or as a Google doc. Does anyone know how I may be able to fix this?
  2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

May 22, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    That's pretty vague to me. What was "the document" before it was "changed back" to AppleWorks?

And you Save it As what?

Again, what type of document/s is/are it/they?

Even the best detective needs a few good clues.
  3. mattking1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2010

I try to save the document as an RTF or doc, but it seems to happen every time I save it in any time of formatting besides apple works. What will happen is it will convert it to the formatting I'm requesting then when I open the document it will save converting from RTF format [or whatever format I saved it in]. The document will then appear as an untitled WP. When I save it again I will have to re-save as RTF. Also, when I send an email to someone and attach the document, it will convert it, allowing the receiver to open it only as a Google or HTML.