File icons become white in some apps

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by wybmax, May 8, 2015.

1. wybmax macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I recently noticed a minor but a little disturbing problem related to some file's icons. When I open Numbers and created a new sheet, the little file icon near the filename on top of the Numbers window turns to be a white paper.

Please take a look at my screenshot and another screenshot I found on Google; usually the file icon should be like a grey paper with a Numbers mark on it. All my Numbers files are correctly displayed in Finder.

Previously when I updated OS X Yosemite on another MacBook Pro, I got the same issue on Microsoft Word (.doc file icons not displayed correctly in the app).

I guess it is related to OS X icon caches or so...Does anyone have the same problem? Or this is just a common case for everyone?

Thanks ahead.

Attached Files:

2. Naio macrumors member

Naio

3. Doc69, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015

Doc69 macrumors 6502

I have the same issue. I've tried 512x512 .ico, .png, .jpg and .icns files, and they all just show as a white image with the file extension on. I've tried the steps in the link but it didn't work. The only thing I haven't done is restart, which I prefer not to do if I don't have to. Any ideas?

Tried:
    touch /Applications/App.app
    touch /Applications/App.app/Contents/Info.plist
    killall Dock

Edit:
    I have installed colored icons in the Finder sidebar a long time ago. Perhaps this hack is somehow interfering?