file location for warcraft 3 serial number

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by samir684, Jun 15, 2009.

1. samir684 macrumors newbie

i've lost the cd case and manual for warcraft 3 and wanted to know where i can find the serial number in any OS system files. is that information stored anywhere? is it impossible for me to find without the CD case/manual?

any info is much appreciated!

2. imassents macrumors 6502

The CDKeys are encrypted within the war3.mpq and war3x.mpq files. They cannot be extracted on a Mac. If you need to, copy the entire folder and back it up. The game can be reinstalled just by copying it over again (there are no hidden files - everything is in the Warcraft III folder).

3. el.gringo macrumors newbie

I am in the same boat (lost cd case/box/serial but want to know what my serial number is). I was able to extract the contents of the mpq files, but I don't know where within those I would find the serial number. Does anyone know which mpq exactly the serial number would be in, and where exactly within that it would be? I would really like to figure out my serial number/cd key so that i can register my game with my battle.net account. Thanks a ton in advance!

4. chill. macrumors 6502

i would copy the mpq files over to a windows copy of warcraft 3, and then use a cd key grabber to find your cd key

5. el.gringo macrumors newbie

That worked great, thanks for the suggestion!