File Magnet: can you password protect the app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by WhySoSerious, Jul 16, 2008.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

currently, i use splashID to store all my user names and passwords. it works pretty well and splashID requires a password to access the program. however, from what i've read about file magnet, i'd prefer to use this and store a word doc of all my passwords on file magnet. my question is this...can you set a password on file magnet that, when you launch the app, it prompts the user for it? this way, if the phone is stolen/lost, no one can gain access to my important docs.

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

AFAIK, no. I just checked on my phone.

be sure to check out the 1password blog. they have a iphone version coming out that will also include a web browser for auto-filling forms and passwords.

3. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

ok, what about this.....

could i put my pswrds in a word doc and pswrd protect the word doc file. then if i sync all my files to file magnet and someone tries to access that doc, it'll prompt for a pswd?

4. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Yes. but, I am not sure how word passwords work. Currently in FM , you can view files, but have not tried a word doc and not one that had a password.

here's another solution though that when it ships seems to have better word support.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/14/turn-your-iphone-into-a-wireless-drive-with-datacase/

I
    but be sure to check out 1password. it will sync with all your passwords on your mac. it is a killer app.