File Manager Recommendation?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by swooper, Apr 14, 2015.

1. swooper macrumors newbie

I'm returning to iOS after several years of Windows, and hoping to find a file manager for iPad Mini that can do this:

• Let me rename a jpg / jpeg file in Dropbox
    • Let me create a duplicate copy of the image file in Dropbox with a new name
    • Let me open the file with a photo editor app (of my choice)
    I tried TapMedia's File Manager app, but it inexplicably converts jpeg files to png format without warning. I need to retain the jpg/jpeg file format.

Dropbox app itself has some file management abilities, but it does not seem able to let you rename or make a second copy (with new name) of a file.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

2. lexvo macrumors 65816

Try Documents by Readdle. It is free but has a lot of functionality. I think it can rename and copy Dropbox files.

3. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I'm finding FileBrowser to be pretty powerful. In addition to being able to do this with many cloud accounts, I also use it to manage storage on NAS drives (FTP, SMB, WebDAV, etc.). You can use it to copy/move from one cloud drive to another or to/from your NAS drives. It appears to have good "Open In..." capability, too.

4. JTravers macrumors 6502a

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Thanks for the mentions of FileBrowser. I was looking for something better than File Explorer, so I took a chance and ponied up the bucks on FileBrowser. It works great so far! I really like how it automatically found all the fileshares on my network without me having to manually enter them all.