File organization--iTunes and everything else...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by akkkmed, Jul 17, 2010.

1. akkkmed macrumors 6502

Hi everyone. I need help figuring out my file organization on my MacBook Pro. I apologize for the long post, but I really need help!
    After installing Double Twist and adding my media files to the library, it's become glaringly apparent that I have some issues. The library shows like 5 copies of every album art for every album I have (the pictures are all different pixel sizes.) There are some picture and video duplicates, some of which are named 'cache'.

Also, within iTunes most of my albums maintain their album art when I move the same music from one computer to another, or if I delete the files from my library and re-add them. But...the same albums never keep their album art. I have to download or automatically search for them every time I re-add the music. Now, while adding music to my Droid X using Double Twist, most of the music doesn't have the album art.

Can someone help me out? I want to get rid of all unnecessary files on my [new] laptop. I want the album art fixed with only one copy and all the duplicate files gone. Thank you :)

2. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

As far as I know Itunes for quick work in the library, creates a preview of album covers of different sizes. Therefore, the first run so long.
    And so you find five copies of the artwork - this is normal.

And this is because some cover Itunes, as far as I know, shook from the internet and when you transfer the music you transfer only a music file, and the cover remains. Therefore, it is also normal.

3. akkkmed thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.
    I've done a ton of Googling, but can't find a straight answer.
    How do I embed the artwork into the music files? I want the artwork there for any device or program I use.

Thanks again!

4. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

Try it, but I'm not sure that will work on all devices. Try.