File path in Lion Spotlight

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by qua, Jul 22, 2011.

1. qua macrumors member

I did a search here and could find nothing, and perhaps I'm being blind, but there seems to be no way to just simply see the file path in Spotlight. It doesn't pop up like before. Am I missing something?

2. johnd39 macrumors newbie

Same here. How do you find where the file is located?

3. qua thread starter macrumors member

part way there

It seems you can highlight the item in Spotlight and hit command/i for get info and get this information. Ugly! But with an invisible Users/Library folder, this is much less useful.

4. qua thread starter macrumors member

Just found this in

http://www.macgurulounge.com/library-folder-mac-os-lion/

To make your Library folder permanently visible, follow these steps:
    Launch Terminal from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    Type this single line and press return to make the Finder visible again. This assumes you are logged into the account in which you want the Library to become visible:
    chflags nohidden ~/Library
    Now you should be able to see the Library folder from within your user folder. I would highly suggest you drag the folder to the Favorites section of the Finder Sidebar so that you can quickly access the folder. Even if it becomes invisible in the future (say, through a Mac OS X system update), you’ll still be able to access it from the Sidebar.

P.S. Based on my observations, if you are upgrading from Snow Leopard, and you had placed the Library folder in your Sidebar, the Library will remain there even after the upgrade. For you lucky people, this tip may be unnecessary.

There's more on the page, but this does it for me.

5. mavlast42 macrumors newbie

File path in Lion's Spotlight

When hovering over the file in Lion's Spotlight, hold down Command to see the filename and Command-Option for the file path.

Hope this helps :)