file renaming programs that can import lists?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slicedbread, Sep 17, 2007.

1. slicedbread macrumors regular

are there any programs out there that can rename files, but according to a list of text or something?

I'm trying to batch rename TV series episodes, and have already batch renamed the files with season and episode number. However I want to append the episode's title into the file name, so if there was a program that could rename files according to a copied list of names, that would be great.

Anything out there?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is pretty much what all renaming utilities do. The Finder works well for renaming files on a case-by-case basis.

3. slicedbread thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't seen one yet, and I've tried 3 or 4. All allow me to append or replace text in the name, but none have the ability to append names according to a list or file.

Care to share any examples?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

This sounds like something that could be done with a scripting language like AppleScript, Bash, etc. You might want to post something to the Programming forum to see if someone is up for helping you out. I might create something if I have the time, but no promises.