File sharing and backup setup suggestions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wingnut330, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I'd like some ideas/opinions so I thought I'd as you folks how you are setup or to provide me some ideas.

First
    I have a MBP with all of my iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie libraries on it. My wife has a MB that's essentially new with nothing on it. She wants to be able to access iPhoto etc on her machine.

Second
    I have a 1TB Time Capsule that is backing up both machines regularly. I love the seamless integration of this product.

So - I'd like to be able to share my iLife suite of data (picture, music, movies) on both laptops and our iPhones (after 7-11). From the research I have seen here, I can place those files on the network and share them that way.

So, I'm looking for advice - do I setup my TC hard drive to store the files and back them up else where (like my 250GB NAS)? Do I partition my TC and do TM and storage on the TC? Do I store my files on my NAS and use my TC solely for backups?

I want a seamless and easy to use method, but I am concerned about putting all of the data on one drive (the TC). How do you folks do it?

2. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a