File sharing between my PC and mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by noahmateen1234, Jan 11, 2009.

1. noahmateen1234 macrumors member

I have my new macbook pro with 10.5.6 and I have my custom built PC running Vista 32-bit Ultimate Service Pack 2.
    I want to share files between the two.
    So I enabled SMP sharing on my mac and I enabled file sharing on my PC. It was working fine and I got my stuff transferred over. Then all of a sudden it stopped connecting.
    Now when I try to connect from my mac it gives me the error:
    "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "smb://192.168.5.1" could not be read or written. (Error code -36)

I can access my mac from my PC.

I have searched for hours and tried redoing everything and I cannot get it to work.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Have you tried using a program to transfer files? Teamviewer should get the job done. Just install it on both of your computers, then open it on both computers and select the 'file transfer' on your mac. Then type in the information that the PC displays to the mac and connect and you should be good to go.

3. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I too was having this problem. I did a search on file sharing and your answer was the best:D I cant believe how easily Teamviewer transfers files between my iMac and my GFs PC laptop. Thanks MC

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Yea it's definitely a must have program. I use it all the time to help my friends with computer issues, and it works great. Glad you got what you wanted!