file sharing/itunes

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Mac7, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

I have a bootcamp partition with windows 7 but have a couple of issues:

1) How do i use my music from my os x partition without copying over all of the songs?

2) How do i save to my os x documents folder from my windows 7 partition? and vice versa

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have Boot Camp 3 (included with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard), you can read the Mac OS X partition.

If you want to write to it, you need MacDrive.

3. aki macrumors 6502a

I'm interested in this part. If I say install iTunes on my bootcamped Windows, and then point it at my iTunes folder/library/whatever that my "real" OSX iTunes app uses, is Windows iTunes going to try to mess around with it and change things? Or is it possible to organize things so both iTuneses point to the same music folder, but only one (in my case the OSX one) can actually rearrange organize metadataerize things?

Or alternatively, will Windows iTunes get upset because it wants to be able to write to the OSX partition with the music on it, but can't?

4. Mac7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac7

So I decided to create a 3rd partition. Mainly for media(music, documents, etc.) In OS X, since all of my data is on that partition, how will I make it so that my music, documents, etc. save to that 3rd partition from now on. I want it completely off of my os x partition.